Yes, another post about working from home! Many of us are struggling to make the transition and maintaining our routines/ mental health/ waistlines, including me! None of us were expecting to become Jack Nicholson from The Shining, but here we are.
My daily schedule usually varies due to working as a case manager, but here are some of the rituals I try to do to maintain some sanity.
- I have a whiteboard where I write down my daily to-do lists and meetings, sometimes I’ll write affirmations
- Switching rooms in which I’m working to spice things up, anything is possible if you work in the kitchen
- Sometimes turning off my laptop and zoning out for 45 minutes counts as a ~break~
- My caffeine intake has gone through the ROOF and I don’t feel bad about it (I would like to thank non-dairy creamer for helping me achieve my dreams)
- Usually I put on some random playlist to help me focus (the fireplace with Christmas music has been a recent favorite)
- Color coordinating everything I write gives me the dose of serotonin I need to get through the day
It’s not just me that’s going through it emotionally, right?